About the book
Brisbane's Budget Bites is a guide to budget restaurants, cafes, takeaways and providores of interesting ethnic food in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
This handy restaurant guide is in its fourth year of publication and the 2012 edition has a chapter for the Gold Coast, as well as a special chapter for interesting and multicultural breakfast spots.
Brisbanites, tourists and interstate visitors are reaping the benefits of the guide. Intrepid eaters and adventurous home cooks are embracing the quirky great-value-for-money concept of eating in places that you wouldn't normally eat or shop in.
It'll pay for itself after one great value meal!
What's in the guide
- Reviews of restaurants, cafes, takeaways and cheap places to eat in Brisbane and the Gold Coast
- Reviews of specialist providores – great places to buy hard-to-find unusual and ethnic ingredients
- Chapter on interesting and multicultural breakfast spots
- Opening hours, prices and payment methods for all establishments reviewed Geographic groupings of reviews - Brisbane city, inner city, north, south, east, west and Gold Coast, etc
- Expanded index of cuisines, suburbs and alphabetical listings to help you find the places you're looking for.
The all-new 2012 edition
We realise that you may already have a copy of Brisbane's Budget Bites 2011. The 2012 edition is bursting with over 280 reviews of eateries, providores, coffeeshops and bakeries (last year's guest reviewer Julia Tuomainen of melangerbaking.com enjoyed her stint so much, she joins in the fun this year, check out her profile in our buddies).